Before your forth coming Dental Appointment
Before you attend your appointment it is essential that you complete the Covid-19 Questionnaire and if your last appointment is over 3 months ago or you are new to the practice you will also need to complete the Medical History Questionnaire also on the Covid-19 Questionnaire page. These should be completed at least 2 days before the appointment where possible.
If you would prefer a word document to download and complete please click here.
Detailed information and instructions for your forth coming Dental Appointment
Before your appointment
- We will take your email to send confirmation of the appointment and a link to our Covid-19 questionnaire form.
- If you have not attended for a while, or are new to the practice then you will also be directed to our online medical questionnaire to complete.
On the day of your appointment
- Please ensure that you have used the bathroom before you attend for your appointment as the use of toilet facilities is restricted at this time.
- Only yourself and if needed a designated carer will be allowed to enter the practice so where ever possible attend alone and bring minimal personal items with you.
- The front door will be locked so please ring the doorbell to let reception know you are waiting or call us from you mobile on 01904 786196.
- We will repeat the Covid-19 questionnaire you have already completed to confirm there have been no changes.
- There may be a short wait outside if the surgeries are already in use or a patient is occupying the reception area.
Entering the practice
- We will call you in when it is time for you to enter the practice.
- On entry we will ask you to sanitise your hands.
- Any items that you have brought, e.g. coats, mobile telephones, will be placed in a sealable box.
- You will be guided into a treatment room using social distancing rules. Please avoid touching anything, the nurse will open any doors.
- You will enter the treatment room where the dentist and nurse will be waiting in the appropriate PPE.
- With the PPE it may be difficult to hear the dentist so please let them know if you are struggling.
- Additional PPE is currently required particularly during treatment so please don’t be alarmed by our appearance.
Leaving the practice
- Following your treatment, our receptionist will once again ask you to sanitise your hands.
- Card payments are our preferred option for payments currently.
- Our receptionist will then make any future appointments required and provide confirmation by text or email.
- Paper treatment plans or postoperative instructions will be scanned and emailed to you if necessary.
- Finally the receptionist will open the door for you to leave.
After your appointment
- Please contact the practice if you experience any Covid-19 symptoms within the next 14 days of your appointment.